UNT Equity & Diversity Conference Workshops
17th Annual Equity & Diversity Conference
February 23, 2017 | University of North Texas
Theme: Social Justice: A Movement Not a Moment
The 2017 Equity & Diversity Conference featured workshops on topics related to (1) Bias Awareness (2) Discrimination Policies & Practices (3) Gender & Gender Identity (4) Race & Ethnicity and (5) Social Justice Education.
- Ableism: What It Is and Why It Matters to Everyone
- GENECIS: Challenging Injustice, Valuing Diversity in a Pediatric Transgender Program
- R&B (Racial Biases): Misperceptions of Domestic Violence for Women of Color
- Avoiding Sabotage of Diversity and Inclusion Learning Experiences
- "But…I didn't mean it like THAT:" Intent vs. Impact
- The First Step: Pre-service Teachers' Understanding of White Privilege
- Self-Care for Advocates, Activists, and Accomplices
Workshops were 50 to 75 minutes, and ranged from beginner to intermediate.