About the F.L.Y. Peer Ambassador
The Multicultural Center is proud to host the F.L.Y. Peer Ambassador Program (Fortify the Leader in You)! The F.L.Y. Peer Ambassador Program was created to connect incoming freshman and transfer students to the University of North Texas by providing them with mentors who are upperclassmen.
Empirical studies reveal that mentorship programs greatly assist students with their transition into college life, build their social and leadership skills, and assure a secure path towards graduation. The F.L.Y. Peer Ambassador Program is an excellent way for any student to fulfill their academic and campus life needs and interests. It builds community, promotes student involvement, and encourages positive progress in their academic, social, and personal achievements.
The F.L.Y. Peer Ambassador Programs are focused on 6 key areas:
- Academic Development
- Cultural Awareness
- Career and Professional Development
- Community Service
- Leadership Development
- Social Relationship Development
Some of our fun activities include game nights, community service projects, sporting events, study groups, and much more! We would love for you to participate with us!
Who can participate?
The F.L.Y. Program is open to all UNT Students.
What are the benefits for Ambassadors?
- Enhance your leadership and mentorship abilities
- Make a significant impact on incoming first-year UNT sutdnets
- Assist in increasing the likelihood of first-year UNT students returning to UNT to finish and graduating
- Establish connections with other UNT student leaders, as well as alumni
- Professional experience and career preparation
- Exposure to diverse perspectives and experiences
What are the benefits for scholars?
- Having a guide who knows and understands the campus resources they need
- Having someone who knows what it takes to be a successful student
- Exposure to diverse perspective and experiences
- Feeling connected to UNT
- Building a sense of identity and confidence as a new UNT student
- Increase engagement, higher GPA, and more likely to return and graduate from UNT
Student Executive Board Members: The F.L.Y. Peer Ambassador Program Student Executive Board is responsible for recruiting, assisting, and supervising the Peer Ambassador within the designated committees. They assist the Peer Ambassador Program Coordinator with implementing the learning curriculum and communicating/promoting information. They are to foster positive relationships with every Ambassador. Being a student executive board member is a year-long commitment.
Peer Ambassadors: Peer Ambassadors are responsible for maintaining communication with their scholars and connecting them to resources and services that are available at UNT and in the Denton Community. Serving as a Peer Ambassador is a year-long commitment.
Scholars: Scholars are first-year students (freshmen and transfer) who are looking to be connected to the UNT Community. All scholars must apply to participate in the program.
Peer Ambassador Application Link (Mentor)
Our applications for The F.L.Y. Peer Ambassadors is now open! Please apply to be a F.L.Y. Peer Ambassador HERE : https://unt.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9MFFabO24NxdCex
Peer Scholar Application Link (Mentee)
Our application for F.L.Y. Peer Scholars is now open! Please apply to be a F.L.Y. Scholar if you are interested in receiving a mentor HERE : https://unt.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_54iFMaZ4g49E4MR