The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) provides learning and development opportunities to students, faculty, and staff; and develops meaningful and effective internal and external partnerships. The Office’s mission and vision is congruent with the strategic direction of the Division of Institutional Equity and Diversity:
The University of North Texas Office of Diversity and Inclusion facilitates the development of a socially just and intentionally inclusive environment for the university community through:
- Cultural Humility and Inclusion
- Education and Identity Development
- Community Engagement and Strategic Partnerships
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion envisions a University of North Texas campus community where social justice is reflected in policies, practices, programs and people.
The office has also engaged in an alignment of the centers' programmatic focus through three primary lenses:
- Campus Education: Dialogue-based learning and development programs that expand the awareness of UNT populations via information, mentoring, and training
- Engagement: Efforts that foster an environment that affirm all identities and provide opportunities for personal growth through partnership with campus and community organizations
- Student and Professional Success: Resources and services focusing on employees’ and students’ academic, professional, and identity-based development
- The Office also leads the planning of the Equity and Diversity Conference, manages Employee Resource Groups and supports campus diversity and inclusion councils.