The Director of Equal Opportunity (Inya Baiye) also serves as the ADA Coordinator for UNT. The ADA Coordinator manages University programs and responsibilities to assure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and other federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to persons with disabilities.
The ADA Coordinator is responsible for coordinating University policies and procedures relating to persons with disabilities, tracking university progress relating to its policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws relating to persons with disabilities, filing all necessary reports, and providing consultative services to employing units and offices.
An individual with a disability is someone who:
- has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one (1) or more major life activities
- has a record of such impairment
- is regarded as having such an impairment
Examples of individuals who are covered under this definition include:
- individuals with permanent vision or hearing loss
- individuals with mobility impairments
- individuals with mental or psychological disorders including intellectual disability
- individuals with cosmetic disfigurements
- individuals with serious contagious and non-contagious diseases such as AIDS, cancer, or epilepsy
Generally, individuals who have temporary limitations are not considered to have a disability under the ADA.
University Policies Relating to ADA Compliance:
This list contains the EO relevant sections of the UNT Policy Manual. Click on the policy description to view the complete UNT policy.
Resources for Students
The Office of Disability Accommodation determines eligibility for reasonable accommodations for students. Students may obtain information about requesting a reasonable accommodation from ODA here. ODA also offers alternative testing services and testing accommodations.
Resources for Employees
The Human Resources Office determines eligibility for reasonable accommodations in the workplace for employees.
General ADA/Accessibility Resources
Contact the ADA Coordinator
Inya Baiye: Inya.Baiye@unt.edu
Phone: (940) 565-2759