"Invite people into your life who don't look or act like you. You might find they challenge your assumptions and make you grow"
- Mellody Hobson
Jennifer Leitham Documentary
MC Calendar of Events
Black history Month Calendar of Events
OIED Calendar of Events
Click the button below to see all the exciting events planned for February:
2019 Equity and Diversity Conference
The Office of Outreach will receive the 2019 Inclusive Excellence Award during the morning session of the Equity and Diversity Conference. The office was nominated for its efforts providing prospective and existing students equal access to educational opportunities, and will receive a $5000 check sponsored by Denton Family Dental to continue this important and impactful work.
Climate Survey – Winner of the 2018 Honda!
The division extends its congratulations to Yaritza Hernandez, the winner of the 2018 Honda Civic LX as a result of her participation in UNT’s Campus Inclusion Climate Survey! Watch Honda of Denton make the official presentation during the lunchtime keynote address at the Equity and Diversity Conference. Congratulations Yaritza, thanks for participating in the climate survey!
EO Training Dates
The Office of Equal Opportunity and the Office of Faculty Success are offering several one and a half hour training courses designed to address challenges that may impact search committees. The topics include:
- How search committees and department chairs can coordinate their efforts for maximum effectiveness
- Using PeopleAdmin, UNT’s electronic faculty applicant tracking system to make the work of the committee easier and more effective
- Best practices for having a diverse and inclusive pool of candidates
- Appropriate questions to ask candidates in light of UNT’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
OEO has set up a wide variety of dates and times throughout the remainder of the spring semester. These dates include:
- 2/15/19 from 1:00-2:30 in Sycamore 119
- 3/21/19 from 2:00-3:30 (Wooten Hall 321)
- 4/12/19 from 10:00-11:30 (BLB 065)
To register for these trainings please email Rebbecca Dobrin which date/time you wish to attend. If you have any questions please feel free to contact her at 940.565.2759 or Rebbecca.email@example.com
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
UNT’s Inaugural Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service was hosted by the Multicultural Center, Center for Leadership and Service, Office of Outreach, and Eta Epsilon Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. The day consisted of a brunch, panel discussion, service projects to benefit the UNT Food Pantry and Denton Friends of the Family, and a march to the Denton MLK Center.
Dallas Dinner Table
The Division held its 2nd Annual “Dallas Dinner Table” program honoring Martin Luther King Junior’s legacy and birthday. Several UNT students and employees participated in the dialogue on race and race relations held In Rawlings Residence Hall. Also participating in the discussion were Denton Mayor Chris Watt and other community members from Little Elm, Fort Worth and Plano. The Dallas Dinner Table event provides an opportunity to hear and share diverse perspectives about the impact of race on the daily lives of DFW and now Denton residents. The dinners are designed to:
- Encourage communication about race relations and the impact of ethnicity on relationships.
- Educate participants about perspectives held by others related to race relations.
- Empower participants to develop relationships with people from a variety of racial/ethnic groups.
Pride Alliance Training
Support Equity & Diversity
We appreciate your financial support of Institutional Equity and Diversity. You may designate your gift to one of the specific areas below:
- Multicultural Center
- Pride Alliance
- VP Equity & Diversity Unrestricted
- Equity & Diversity Conference